Internships with the California Bach Society
Come sing with the California Bach Society for the school year! We offer four internships each season to college students; there is one intern position for each voice part.
CBS internships offer the following benefits:
- The opportunity for young singers to experience early choral music with a choir of demonstrated reputation in the genre, led by specialists in the field
- In-depth exploration of choral music before 1850, with a strong focus on the 17th and 18th centuries
- The opportunity to perform with members of the country's finest early-music instrumental ensembles
- An introduction to the vibrant early-music community in the Bay Area
Applicants must ...
- Be at least 18 and enrolled full time at a local college or university
- Have choral experience and currently be studying music
- Pass an audition which includes vocalizing, sight reading, and a prepared piece
- Learn music for each set prior to the first rehearsal for that set
- Comply with general CBS singer policies, but are exempt from paying dues ($340 per year)
There is a six-week rehearsal period prior to performances, with a single intensive Saturday rehearsal at the start of a set. Weekly rehearsals are Wednesdays from 7-10 p.m. in Palo Alto.