For the Media
- Press Release for Handel In Rome, Apr 20–22, 2018
- Press Release for Christmas in Poland and the Baltics, Dec 1–3, 2017
- Press Release for J. S. Bach Missa Brevis & Cantata 21, Oct 20–22, 2017
- Press Release with updated Berkeley location for J.S. Bach St. Matthew Passion
- Press Release for J.S. Bach St. Matthew Passion, Oct 7 - Oct 9, 2016
Recent Reviews / Press of CBS concerts
SFEMS (June 2018): Invited to perform opening night main stage for the BFX music festival
Heralded by the San Francisco press for its “dazzling” and “sublime” performances, California Bach Society showcases Marc-Antoine Charpentier’s best choral works. Artistic director Paul Flight leads the award-winning 30-voice chorus, vocal soloists, flutes, and a full consort of viols in the poignant Litanies de la Vierge and the splendid Missa Assumpta est Maria.
California Bach excels in the intricate polyphony of Bach’s choral writing. Their sound is well-balanced; texts are delivered with excellent diction (in this case, in Latin); entrances are consistently secure; and above all, the singing is focused and clear.
SFCV: Voted Best of the Bay 2016-2017, Best Early/Baroque Performance: St. Matthew Passion
SFCV (Oct 2016): California Bach Society Delivers a Sublime St. Matthew Passion
The choir, which sang with technical assurance and expressive command through the afternoon and into the evening, seized on the animating, call-and-response tension of that first chorus. … It was, in the broadest sense of the term, a musically spiritual experience.